Consistency is key to meditation. The invitation is to be gentle with yourself. In the beginning set aside 10 minutes per day, Monday to Friday at the same time. Take a break for the weekend and come back to your practices on Monday.
A successful meditation practice will cut to the core of the distractions around you and help you to clearly identify what personal success means to you. The more time you are able to dedicate to your inner journey, the more skill you will have a noticing things and solving problems thereby becoming productive in your daily life. You will find that your interactions with others become a source of satisfaction and as a result you can redefine what happiness means to you.
This course contains over 50 lectures and 3.5+ hours of content! It is designed for you if you are curious about incorporating a meditation practice into your busy life.
I strongly believe in 3 key ideas:
#1) Education – learn about what matters to you;
#2) Coaching – practice and embody that learning; and
#3) Leadership – show up “fully and in presence” with others.
Every section in this course has an introduction and overview video and wraps up with some action steps to embody the learning. The more you can practice and apply what you learn in the sections determines the results you’ll get.
Section #1 – Learn about what makes meditation successful (HINT: it’s all about you!) and the potential benefits that may be possible for you. Along the way, the invitation is to notice the potential hurdles that may get in the way of you establishing your meditation practice. Becoming aware of this is a major step!
Section #2 – We’re going to just jump in with a 10-minute “barely guided” meditation that will get you ed right away! This is so that you will know _for yourself_ just what it means to meditate. Remember, there’s no right. There’s no wrong. Follow along with this simple guided meditation any way you want and notice what shows up for that. That’s it!
Section #3 – In this section, we’ll take a look at some of the key Vedic Frameworks that support meditation such as reincarnation, karma and dharma. In particular we will take a look at Patañjali’s Yoga Sūtras and see how meditation fits into the inner goal of human life. We will also take a look at the 8-limbs of traditional yoga.
Section #4 – Learn about the 5 elements of earth, water, fire, air and ether and how you can incorporate it into your meditation practice. Also learn how to make your body comfortable so that you can lengthen and deepen your meditations easily.
Section #5 – We get into the “good stuff” of guided meditations here. Follow along with the 10 minute guided meditations and allow yourself to notice. Take conscious control of your awareness and learn to dive within.
Section #6 – Congratulations! You’ve done it! All you need to do is continue along your path.
Section #7 – This section will contain other resources and supplementary materials that will help you on your inner journey.
- Introduction & Overview (3:46)
- Course Outline (3:11)
- Benefits of Meditation (4:05)
- Testimonials (1:23)
- Warning! Action Is Required! (1:45)
- Potential Hurdles (2:24)
- My Mission & Philosophy (10:41)
- Reflection & Enquiry (4:30)
- Action Steps (1:53)
- Introduction & Overview To “Establishing The Baseline” (3:36)
- Metaphor #1 – Calm As A Clear Pool Of Water (3:11)
- Metaphor #2 – Pedestrian Crossing In Shibuya (5:39)
- Barely Guided” Meditation Intro (2:08)
- “Barely Guided” Meditation (10:00)
- Seek & Destroy Thoughts (5:22)
- Metaphor #3 – The Clear Blue Skies Out Yonder (3:13)
- Action Steps (1:06)
- Introduction & Overview (3:48)
- The Mind Is Naturally Calm (5:18)
- Meditation Is A Fine Art (3:52)
- Understanding The Inner Goal (4:13)
- Sanskrit Words And Terminology
- Identifying Vedic Frameworks; “The Mind”, Reincarnation and Karma & Dharma (7:39)
- Karma & Dharma (10:21)
- The Yoga Sūtras (5:40)
- Aṣṭāṅga Yoga (8:38)
- Reflections & Enquiry (3:39)
- “Power Dump” Worksheet (PDF)
- Action Steps (1:16)
- Introduction & Overview (2:40)
- The 5 Elements & Your Meditation Space (7:57)
- Physical Comfort (2:15)
- Physical Comfort – Mats & Cushions (1:13)
- Helpful Amazon Product Web Links (PDF)
- Ideal Meditation Posture (3:45)
- Ritual – Your Sacred Movements (3:02)
- Elevating Habit (2:24)
- Action Steps (1:23)
- Introduction & Overview (3:46)
- “Goals For Meditation Practice” Worksheet (PDF)
- Preparation For Meditation (3:42)
- Noticing #1 (10:00)
- Noticing #2 (10:00)
- “Meditation Reflections” Worksheet (PDF)
- Action Steps – Guided Meditations Require Continued Practice (1:19)
- Suggested Books To Deepen Studies (9:32)
- Sanskrit-English Vocabulary – 123 Sanskrit Words & Definitions (PDF)
- [TRANSCRIPT] Section 1
- [TRANSCRIPT] Section 2
- [TRANSCRIPT] Section 3
- [MP3] Introduction To This Course
- [MP3] Establishing The Baseline
- [MP3] Identifying Vedic Frameworks
- [MP3] Establishing Your Meditation Space
- [MP3] Guided Meditations & Visualizations
- [MP3] Resources To Deepen Learning
- [MP3] Conclusion & Next Steps
- Successful Meditation – Conclusion (3:44)
- Action Steps – Conclusion & Next Steps (2:44)
Sale Page: https://stoneriverelearning.com/p/successful-meditation