- State Associations:
- MAOPS – Missouri
- Kirby Randolph, PhD
- 26 Minutes
- Never expires.
1. Explain how contextualizing the status of African Americans historically helps to understand their differential health outcomes.
2. Discuss the role of medicine and public health historically in contributing to high Black mortality in pandemics.
3. Describe the legacy of viewing African Americans as biologically distinct and divergent from the body politic.
The Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. MAOPS designates this program for a maximum of .5 AOA Category 1-A Credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician's participation.
Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS) designates this live activity for a maximum of .5 AMA PRA Category 1 Creditsä. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS) and Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine. MAOPS is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine Planning Committee has no relevant financial relationships with any organization producing, marketing, reselling, distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients relative to the content of this presentation.
All grievances should be in writing and should specify the nature of the grievance. Initially, all grievances should be directed to MAOPS Executive Director, who will then forward said grievance to the Education & Convention Committee. All grievances will receive an initial response in writing within 30 days of receipt. If the participant does not receive a satisfactory response, then they can then submit a complaint in writing to the Council on Continuing Medical Education of the AOA at 142 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611.
|PowerPoint Slides (1.52 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Assistant Professor of Bioethics
Kansas City University
Kirby Randolph, PhD is faculty in the Bioethics Department in the College of Medicine. She came to KCU in 2016 after having served as an administrator at Truman Medical Center, Behavioral Health for seven years. Originally an Air Force BRAT, Dr. Randolph is from the East Coast. She received her PhD from the University of Pennsylvania in History. She completed two postdoctoral fellowships in Healthcare Policy before joining the faculty at University of Kansas School of Medicine in the History and Philosophy of Medicine department. Her area of research is the history of psychiatry, race and mental disabilities. At KCU, Dr. Randolph teaches Bioethics I to the first year medical students. She also teaches History of Medicine, Health Care Policy and Difficult scenarios with Simulated Patients in the Bioethics Master’s degree program.
Dr. Randolph discloses that she has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program or presentation. She also discloses that she has no relevant financial relationships with any commercial interests relative to the content of this presentation.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.site.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!