- Kimberly R. Wilson
- 5 Hours 46 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 08, 2015
THE HOME HEALTH MODEL
- Benefits and limitations
- Sufferers of debilitating physical or mental illness
- Military service members
- Differences from traditional therapy
- Types of deficits
- Differentiations between cognition and executive functio
CREATING A PATIENT-CENTERED ENVIRONMENT
- Standardized evaluations
- Clinical observation
- Key elements to survey
- Home evaluation
- Standardized evaluations
- Critically thinking about the results of assessment and clinical observation
- Impacting factors
- Family dynamics
- Mental or behavioral health issues
- Patient-centered goals for the clinician and patient
- Home modification
- Home Cognitive Exercise Program
- High level therapy models
- Return to work or school
- Family or support system
- Rehearse application of the principles of patient-centered care
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Practice all phases of patient-centered care
Kimberly R. Wilson, PhD, CCC-SLP, is a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist with over 11 years of experience. Dr. Wilson works for Bionic Sciences, Inc. and is the owner of her own practice, ReConnect, LLC. She has worked with adult and pediatric populations in a variety of settings including clinical and home health.
Dr. Wilson received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Disorders from Winthrop University, her Master of Science degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology from University of South Alabama, and her Doctorate of Philosophy degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Florida State University. The primary emphasis of her doctoral studies was neurocognitive-neurolinguistic disorders of communication, while the secondary emphasis was in dysphagia and motor speech impairments.
She is a member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, the International Neuropsychological Society, and the Dysphagia Research Society. Dr. Wilson is active in the research community with collaborations across disciplines and institutions nationwide. Her experience and passion make her a skilled and knowledgeable instructor.
Financial: Kimberly Wilson maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Kimberly Wilson is a member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association; the International Neuropsychological Society; and the Dysphagia Research Society.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.site.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!